Steam showers are becoming popular as a spa treatment at home. There are several good reasons why homeowners are interested in these installations. These are user-friendly and have several health benefits. Most of all, they add value to your home while saving spa expenses along with the time needed to travel to and from a nearby spa. With steam showers and whirlpool tubs you can make your own home spa. You can choose the best whirlpool tubs on https://homeworthylist.com/best-whirlpool-tub-reviews/ and rely on these ones more than the your regular bathtubs. The steam shower is, in fact, a self-contained unit, smaller than a sauna or steam room. It means less upkeep and space needed for you to enjoy the same benefits that a sauna or steam room would offer you. Let’s look at how steam showers operate, along with the advantages they offer.
How Steam Showers Work?
A steam shower is a basic enclosure: a sealed stall to prevent moisture from leaving the tub. All you need to do is step in and press a button on the control panel of the tub. This triggers the steam generator of the shower, which heats water to boil. Through the shower’s system, the steam from the boiling water is channelled. The steam emerges through the steam head, filling the bathroom with luxurious steam. Modern steam showers come with electronic controls, making it easy to operate. Starting the shower, changing the time that the shower can function, or adjusting temperature controls are now easy tasks. Some models are designed with the following features:
- Sound systems that allow you to listen to music.
- Add various fragrance to the shower.
- Mood lighting.
- Conventional showerheads for a quick rinse once the steam shower is complete.
Benefits of Steam Showers
While you may feel a bit indulgent if you install a steam shower in your home bathroom, it is one of the best things you can do for your health and wellbeing. Here are a few benefits of using steam showers:
- Improved Blood Circulation: The moist heat of a steam shower spa enlarges your blood vessels, naturally lowering your blood pressure. Your blood flow increases, and as a result, this improves your overall blood circulation. This improved circulation provides more oxygen to your cells and helps keep your arteries healthy. Make your bath more relaxing with this health benefit.
- Healthy Skin: As little as 20 minutes of steam a week can improve your skin’s clarity and tone. Steam cleanses your skin and makes you sweat, in turn getting rid of bacteria, dead skin cells and dirt that build up in the top layers of your skin. The result is a reduction of blackheads and other blemishes.
- Stress Relief: The warmth of the steam boost your blood circulation to relax your muscles, and it also stimulates endorphins to help you relax mentally and emotionally. Simply feeling the heat in your muscles causes stress to melt away.